Surprise, surprise! I’ve been nominated

Surprisingly, I’ve been nominated in the polls for the Weekly Filipino Blog of the Week. The criteria aren’t that complicated really, anybody and even the blog authors could nominate themselves. There are 10 blogs to be voted on for the Filipino Blog of the Week. Voting, I think, starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Voters could cast their votes daily and at the end of the week, whoever gets the highest vote earns 55 points of the 100-point total criterion, 10 points comes from the blog owner, and the remaining 35 points will be determined by a group of Filipino blog judges.

How I got to join the contest, if you ask me? I don’t know. I’ve been hopping around the blogging community to read and in the process, learn from it. It has not yet been long that I’ve started doing blogs and I suppose I’m still way, way far from mastering the craft. In fact, I even haven’t reached 3 months and 20 posts, so that instantly disqualifies me to pro-blogging, hehehe. I’ve done some tweaking here and there and I’ve been trying to build on the theme of my blog, which is of the finance and corporate setting. Equally important are the topics that I post, which has to be thought-off much, as this speaks not only of my opinion but of the science and art of accounting. Being in the CPA profession for quite sometime now have grown in me the necessity for an unrelenting conservatism both in financial opinion or application, which I may air out in this blog.

On the other hand, choosing a weekly Filipino Blog is quite an interesting activity. The nominees are not chosen based on the PR rank, not by the volume of visitors and moreso, not because of popularity but simply because it exists. This, I think is the most touching part of this activity. As what we may always would have wanted life to be, one does not have to be somebody but simply because one is there. Because one is part of existence that it is given time and opportunity to part of something and that is what matters. I wouldn’t be happy of having the golden ribbon, which will be awarded at the end of this week. I am already happy now, because though my blog is still a new-born and definitely still has a long way to go in terms of development, but then being part of the Weekly Filipino Blog Nominees confirms that indeed, I have been born to world of blogging. I am now a certified citizen of blogospher. I am existent!

Now, while were at it, why don’t you give your voting powers a try at The Composed Gentleman’s site.

4 comments:

  talk

Monday, December 17, 2007

Great thoughts you have in here! Keep blogging and keep the cebuano blogger spirit alive all the time.

Didn't I tell you Im a Cebuano too? :-)

  Cyril

Monday, December 17, 2007

Thanks for the kind gesture bai!

I didn’t have the faintest idea, so you must be yearning for the Sinulog next month then.

  Anonymous

Monday, December 17, 2007

I voted for you already

  Cyril

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thank you very much Tom