n days Until Christmas

As of this writing, its only 19 days to go until Christmas. Naturally, Filipinos simply love Christmas. That’s like the biggest event of the year. Parties, oh wait, it not just party, its fiesta everywhere. This time of the year is simply puts each and every Filipino in light mood the whole holidays season.

My family just set-up our Christmas decorations lately which is actually earlier than the usual as we normally start decorating the house on the 1st Sunday of Advent. Ours has always been a most modest decorations. For almost a decade now, we have the nativity scene ornamented with Christmas lights as the centerpiece of the decoration.


I actually started this, if you may, family decorating tradition. Since, I have always thought that the nativity scene was more meaningful for me than the pine tree. It feels more native, I think. Looking at the scene helps me to always remember that we celebrate the Christmas season as a time for thanksgiving. Thanksgiving for the year that is about to end and a fitting reminder of where to get the much needed strength for the year that is to come.

But before I get dramatic and all, I would like to wish everyone a meaningful Christmas Season ahead!

1 comments:

  Tom

Monday, December 10, 2007

Advance Merry Christmas. 15 days na lang. We have already started decorating our home.