So Far, Quite Interesting

At 3PM today, my wife and I shall have been exactly 2 years married.

So what can I say, you may ask? Quite interesting, I should say. You see, prior to getting married, my wife and I have been in the relationship for 8 years. I guess we fall to what people would call as a long courtship.

Married life is indeed never easy. Well, who ever said it is a bed of roses must have gotten it all mixed up. One has more responsibility that you ever had. One has a lot of things to give up. One doesn’t get to make decisions all on his or her own, there will always be the husband or wife to ask for opinion. One suddenly becomes predictable rather than spontaneous. One simply doesn’t have life to his or her own anymore.

Oh boy, I was in for so much surprise! But I got into surprises that added salt to the adventures we do as a couple, these are bonds that brought us closer together. We were given the opportunity to care for the best gift that God could ever lend and that is the opportunity to be a steward to a child we love so dearly and that makes life’s journey all the more meaningful. I didn’t have to make an alone decision because whenever I made decisions, someone is there to stand by me. I simply didn’t just get to have life on my own anymore, I share it now with people that make life worth living.

So far, it has been quite an interesting journey and I shall be looking forward to making that journey forever.

4 comments:

  Anonymous

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I've been married for two years too. you said it right, its quite an interesting ride, so far. he he. Let me share a quote from Candice Bergen:
"I used to believe that marriage would diminish me, reduce my options. That you had to be someone less to live with someone else when, of course, you have to be someone more."

thanks for dropping by my blog: http://siu.i.ph . I would link you up sure.

  Cyril

Thursday, December 13, 2007

thanks for the visit sui! I'm linking you up too

  Anonymous

Friday, December 14, 2007

I should commend you for having a partner that's stayed with you for so long. In the fast-food culture of late, it's hard to find someone who'd stay committed to another for a long time. She deserves all your love and hardwork.

  Cyril

Friday, December 14, 2007

It is indeed a life-long challenge in these days and age to keep a family intact where even relationships you'd never expect to crumble, suddenly collapse. Thanks for the warm regards Kris.