Repost: I Write

I'm doing a re-post of an old post from a previous blog. The reason is that I feel it to be fitting to post that old entry as a way of my opening up this new blogsite with such reason as to what made me write. This was done last October 4 from my saity.wordpress.com:
I’ve got absolutely nothing to write about since the last time I’ve done an entry on my blog that I felt obliged to write something about something. I am not much of a writer myself, I actually prefer to do numbers rather than letters – computations rather than compositions, that is. It has just been lately that I felt like writing stuff and from time to time, expose it for the whole world to read. But then again, as my blog has been divulged only to a select few, then it is not the whole world after all.

I guess writing has not been much of my areas of interest when I was pencil pushing then. As a matter of fact, my classmates would easily identify math as my favorite subject if they were to choose on my behalf. Not until I had a religion teacher in Boys’ High that I got to make better on my writing skills. That teacher of ours would somehow give bearing as to the length of your essay than to going directly to the point, and because of this that whenever we would have our exam we would then have to prepare at least 2 or three pieces of paper for a 5 item essay. The good thing was that it made our lives easier. One would simply had to state the concrete answer on the first two sentences on the question then beat around the bush for the next 20 or so sentences, and you’ll most definitely have a 99-100% mark on your paper.

I have never been a part of any school publication thus I have never been able to public expose an essay or short story or poem or whatever that may be related to publication. But I do read a lot. I have been most interested on people who have the talent to write something as simple as drinking coffee to seem as like it was as hot of a topic as Angel Locsin’s transfer to ABS-CBN, that people would actually give great attention. The ability to transform such trivial event as eating a piece of pandesal in the morning to seem like an adventure on climbing Mount Everest on barefoot and without the aide ropes, have always fascinated me. Writing actually is a good stress reliever. I get to unload stuff rambling through my mind by writing. And writing about anything and everything gives so much feeling of relief and satisfaction that it give me clarity of thought and better concentration for other tasks that require more attention. I believe it is because of the feel of freedom, that I get to express my thoughts on just about anything I’d like to talk about, that makes the activity so relaxing.
I write pointlessly. What I mean is when I scribble or more specifically type for a blog entry, I actually don’t have an outline whatsoever. My writing sequence is dictated in the order of what stuffs my brain wants to tell, perhaps to me or perhaps to everybody else who would care to listen or read the entry.

So I’d say, write to right that feeling then. I guess I write because I just want to write.

0 comments: